When it comes to selling, or just living in your house, clutter is one of those things we always realize we have. There are so many items though that we can get rid of. Here are 20 items that you don’t have to agonize over to depart with when de-cluttering. This is the easy stuff!
20 Easy Items To Get Rid Of Now
- Plastic/paper bags- they will multiply before you know it, keep less than 12
- Expired coupons- if you like to clip go through once per month prior to shopping and purge. Or better yet just get the items you are going to buy online and print, better still get from your smart phone
- Old Magazines – pull the article/picture you think you need for future reference, add to a file by subject; toss the rest
- Old Newspapers- read and toss, if you have an article cut it out and file, same as with magazines
- Mail- before it even touches the counter pull out all junk mail and recycle
- Old Clothes – each season ask yourself when was the last time I wore this, if the answer is over a year, get rid of it!
- Pantry Items – all the canned and boxed items group together in an area of your cabinet, contact your local food pantry and donate what you will not consume in 2 months.
- Broken things- If you haven’t repaired it in a month, you probably don’t use or need it. Get rid of it
- Chipped dishes, mugs, and glasses- they’re in the back of the cabinbet right? Give yourself space and get rid of them
- Take-out menus – They’re online, get rid of them
- Expired Cosmetics- old cosmetics can harbor bacteria eww, some ingredients lose their effectiveness so get rid of them
- Books – those that you thought were just OK, or you would not revisit or use for reference edit them out for new books
- Electronics – anything that does not work, or work well, get rid of
- Stained, ripped bedding- will you be painting soon to use as drop cloths? If not get rid of, another words if you have no intended use, dispose of them
- Towels- those that are worn or have holes can always be used by your local pet shelter or veterinary office- they use bedding too
- Accessories- anything you have not worn in a year, this means shoes, jewelry, purses, ties, scarves, gloves etc. donate
- CD’s or DVD’s- those you haven’t listened or watched, get rid of them- especially if you have VHS tapes move on!
- Empty boxes- use these to pack up all the clutter you are throwing out and get them out of your house too. If you need storage buy plastic bins because it is more protective then cardboard
- Travel brochures – you can find more information online than in any pamphlet you have picked up to read about
- Toys- this can be a little hard with the kids around. As kids grow, so do there interest, donate those that they no longer use to a charity that needs them
Once you de-clutter a space it feels more inviting. By removing all the extra stuff, giving it a home the room feels more relaxed. Start with one room and see if it gives you a new perspective.
Other Good Reads: