Have you ever gotten to that point where you have decorated your home, and the rooms are now- well just rooms? Is it time to give your home some love? Here are ten ideas to give your home and rooms some love that will brighten them up, and give you a new feeling.
- Give things away. You have heard me say before decluttering and cleaning out a room can give it a whole new perspective. By eliminating clutter for some clients they feel as though a burden has been taken off their shoulders. There are various options and places to donate or sell items that you no longer use. Allowing your rooms to have a whole new feeling.
- Get organized – This can happen along with giving things away. As you create more space you will find that the things you need to keep can be organized, categorized and sorted out so that you have order. I have found that clients love that they can then easily locate the items that they before never knew where they were.
- Speed clean– by straightening up and putting things away can create clean open spaces that give you the feeling of order. By doing number one and two above will make this process much faster too.
- Arrange your coffee table– Instead of having it piled up with magazines, remote controls and other paraphernalia, arrange with a beautiful vase, sculpture something that draws your eye and you enjoy looking at
- Add cut flowers– I find adding cut flowers in every room bring warmth and freshness. Even if it is a single bud in a vase, the simplicity and beauty adds love in the room
- Move your rugs around – If you have area rugs, by moving them around the house can create a totally different look in a room.
- Move your furniture around– When I work with clients I find this the one thing that amazing them the most. By rearranging the furniture they see the rooms in a totally different light. We tend to be creatures of habit and by rearranging furniture or even moving a piece from one room to another can make a big difference.
- Clean your kitchen counter– when doing so analyze the items that you keep on it. Do you use that particular appliance every day? If not possibly it is one that can be stored giving you more open space on your counters, giving your kitchen a new look
- Arrange your book case – these can become catch all’s for everything and over the years too many things can collect that we do not even use anymore. Go through and edit. Keep in mind a “theme” when placing items back. Maybe it is a travel theme, a color theme, a particular statement with vases/ceramics/metals. Keep in mind the feeling less is more when rearrange a book case
- Add color– purchase some new pillow covers or maybe a new throw to put on chairs and couches to add a pop of color in a room. Sometimes the new color may inspire you to change the pallet of a room and give it a totally new look.
If you are ready to change out your spaces and make them a little more desirable consider some of these suggestions. These ten items are simple inexpensive ways to add more love to any room in any house.