When listing your property hiring a professional home stager is to your advantage. Property Sellers sometimes are on the fence if they should invest any money into staging their house, or leave it “as is.” I have heard the argument that “I have loved my property, as my friends and neighbors, so will everyone else.” What you lose with that viewpoint is that you are not necessarily creating a product that the market wants, or desires, because it speaks of your taste, thus narrowing the market that you could possibly attract and sell to. Here are five reasons to hire a professional stager when listing your house.
5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Home Stager
5. Staging creates a vision for buyers in each room, it allows the buyer to picture themselves in a house, aspiring them to live that lifestyle. If you leave your home with all your decor and personal items, it will not feel like a home a buyer can relate to or see themselves living in. In fact, only 10% of buyers can see the potential of a home.
4. Objectivity is necessary to stage a house. A seller may feel that they have done a great job “clearing and de-clutter” per the advice of their Real Estate agent but the problem is a home seller cannot objectively look at their HOME and envision it as a HOUSE that needs to appeal to the masses of buyers. A house on the market is now a commodity that needs to stand out to sell.
3. Expertise in design is necessary to stage a house. Many homeowners love their “things, decor and color choices ” and believe they are experts. Unfortunately, those “things” do not allow the buyer to see the house, they might see the sellers “things” but not be able to look beyond, hence not making an offer on the house. Hiring a professional home stager helps the seller highlight important selling features buyers desire.
2. A home that has been staged first sells about 30% faster than a home that has not been staged. The cost of staging a home on the average results in a 299% ROI (return on investment) for the homeowner. The typical cost to stage is usually less than 2% of the listing price of the house. For every month a home continues to stay on the market the sale price will fall around 1% a month, to add to that, the seller has their caring costs (electric, taxes… etc.) which add up month after month. Simple solution – stage first, and sell faster.
1. Not staging a home only helps sell your competition. If you want to sell your home quickly and for top dollar, common sense, call a home stager to help you merchandise your home to market it properly the first time! Their objectivity, creativity, and expertise will pay off with a faster sale.