When marketing a property, you need to consider the buyer and what they like. Design Solutions KGP came about when looking at the MLS and saw how pitiful listings looked. Utilizing a strong marketing background and applying my design knowledge, Design Solutions KGP was created to help clients with budget-friendly solutions to improve the marketing of seller’s homes.
Marketing a property is not just about cleaning it up and removing your personal items, although that helps a lot. Marketing a property is about appealing to the widest range of buyers in the demographic area the property is located in. To many, you are probably saying “what?”
Think about who your buyer/customer is, who are you marketing to. Consider the location and price point of your property along with the features of your property. Is your house in a city, country, rural area? Next, the price point, is it one that a first-time buyer can manage; are you in an upper price point that second-time buyers will be attracted to? Features to consider are the number of bedrooms, baths square footage of the property.
Now that you know who your customer/buyer may be, get into their head. Think of any HGTV show when they interview buyers. The buyer will state the features they would like- yard, hardwood floors, or possibly an updated kitchen. As a seller your job now is to be objective, look at your house with ‘buyers eyes’ to enhance those basic features to stand above your competition.
There are myriad ways to change any property to make it desirable to buyers. The important factors to consider are ones that will protect or boost your equity.
Some to consider:
- Wall colors, do they coordinate and make the house flow room to room
- Flooring is it in good shape, is the carpeting neutral so others can work with it, if not clean or replace
- Light fixtures are they what you currently see in magazines, Pinterest, Instagram? Are the current or dated? Replace to update a look in a room
- The kitchen is it updated for the style of the house, maybe painting cabinets, updating hardware are options to consider
- Baths consider the overall look. Your mirror, maybe frame it out, get a new one, update counters, paint cabinets?
- Furniture is it sized appropriately to the room, if not can it be rearranged to make the room feel more spacious
- Bedrooms do they convey a feeling of comfort and relaxation, a great space to retreat to?
- Are all the rooms as clean and meticulous as they can be?
Stumped how to get your property into desirable condition? Design Solutions KGP has solutions. If we are not in your area try our eStaging services. We can guide you each step of the way to make your property one that is sought-after.
Other Good Reads: