Staging is vital when selling. When should virtual staging be used versus physical staging?
Buyers search the internet to find a house they are looking for. In order to attract a buyer, the “product” or property, in this case, has to be attractive. So the smart seller thinks “hmm, maybe I really should stage…” What are the pros and cons of virtual versus physical staging?
Virtual staging creates a likeness of the rooms in your home. Furniture, accessories and wall color are put into a room virtually to enhance the appearance. The first place buyers look for a new house is online. Staging enhances a property when it is on the market.
- The upside of virtual staging is that it runs about $100/room.
- If there are identical properties in a building. Staging one will give buyers a good idea as to what the rooms can accommodate. The other various properties that are vacant they can be virtually staged. This would enable buyers to see different setups.
- The downside is virtual staging may not reflect the style that the market prefers. I have seen country homes done in modern contemporary décor which did not convey.
- Another downside of virtual staging is when the buyer previews the property it is empty and void. Studies have shown that only 10% of the population can envision something other than what is presented to them. The other 90% of the population sees what they see. If they do not like it they will walk away.
Physical staging enhances the rooms of a property with furniture and accessories that physically exist and stay in the rooms. When physical staging is done it will draw the buyer’s attention while looking online. The marketing continues into and during the showings. Buyers do not have to try and remember how the property may look.
- The upside of physical staging is that it will be staged to appeal to the market. Therefore when a buyer is looking for a country home when staged properly the décor will relate to the location and property itself.
- Another upside of physical staging is when a buyer visits a property they are able to see the fullest potential of the property. They do not have to guess or try to envision if their possessions might or might not work in the rooms.
- Statistics have proven that physically staged homes give the buyer the return on investment
- The downside of physical staging is that it runs about $150- $450 per room, but the room is actually merchandised when the buyer visits the house.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. For long-lasting marketing, physical staging is more impressionable for the duration of the selling period. What is your opinion?
Other Good Reads: