Curb Appeal it is the first impression people have of a property and the influence it has on buyers is 76% whether they look at a house or not. Guess it is a big deal…
When you see a property that has impressive curb appeal you tend to look and possibly stare because your eyes have fallen upon something impressive. If you are a DIY type of person here are some inexpensive ways to increase your curb appeal without breaking the budget:
10 Inexpensive Ways to Increase your curb appeal:
1. Lawn Maintenance: A lush green lawn is impressive. By maintaining the grass with regular mowing, fertilizing and keeping weeds down to a minimal can create a big impression. By doing this work yourself it can be doable and impressionable.
3. Annuals for lots of color– adding annuals amongst perennials can create a big impression drawing the eye to the property. Some hard-working annuals to get a bang for your buck are zinnias, petunias, mums, coleus, dahlia, and marigolds to name a few.
4. Trimmed Trees and Shrubs: Neatening up the foundation bushes so there is a clear view of the windows and removing limbs that block the view of your home help create a feeling of a well-maintained property.
5. Meticulous Siding: If you have natural wood siding, maintain the paint by giving your house a fresh coat of paint every five to ten years. If you have vinyl siding or aluminum siding power wash it so that it is clean. Ensure the trim has no peeling paint on doors and windows.
6. Light Fixtures: Well proportioned and stylish light fixtures enhance the house’s appearance, likewise outdated or too small light fixtures distract from the appeal of the house. Make sure the style of the light complements the architecture of the house.
7. Roof: Maintain your roof, ensure all shingles are attached. If you have stains contact a professional to help you remove them if your roof is young and in good shape.
8. Gutters: keep them clean and in good repair. If they are clogged with debris they can cause water damage to your roof. Simple yearly cleaning can go a long way in maintaining a good roof.
9. Sidewalks: Ensure they are even and wide. If algae or mold has formed due to shaded areas, power wash and clean to give the stone a fresh new look.
10. Doors: Amazingly enough a new front door can give you return on your investments, and a new garage door can give you return. So for a relatively small investment, you can update the look of your home with your doors.